There are a lot of options out there when you’re looking for drain cleaning services in the Santa Cruz and Santa Clara area. Years ago you might have hit the yellow pages or possibly checked with your neighbor. While these methods are still available the majority of us now use the internet to make purchasing decisions and this means reading through loads of filtered results, possibly fake reviews, and even in correction information.
The bottom line is that no matter which medium you use to choose a plumbing company we all want the same thing. We want a company that is reliable, that shows up on time, that does the job properly, and for a fair price. We want to know we’re getting what we paid for and that we can get back to normal as soon as possible.
The best drain cleaning and rooter companies in Santa Cruz and Santa Clara should offer a variety of services, depending on the needs of your particular clog or drain issue. These could include:
- Drain snaking (also known as rootering) – adequate for clearing most of your basic sink clogs, tub clogs, etc. This method simply unsticks the clog and pushes it down line.
- Drain video camera inspections – for stubborn jobs that require an inspection to visually see the blockage. This is advantageous for preventing future problems.
- Drain hydro jetting, a cleaning method that’s suitable for some pipe issues and works by scrubbing away at the inside build-up on the walls of your pipes.
- Drain excavation or replacement – for when your pipes are too far gone to keep using. Replacement has the benefit of eliminating the problem and getting years of trouble free drain use.
How do you identify which plumbing company is right for you? Here’s a few simple steps to help you choose the right Bay Area plumber.
- Choose a company that has actually employees. Don’t use a company that uses freelance, commission-based contractors. This is pretty common in the industry, to the surprise of many homeowners. If the plumber you’re working with isn’t directly working for a company you should question their loyalty. What happens if something goes wrong?
At Bellows Plumbing, Heating, & Air, we use only full-time, salaried employees. Our technicians do not earn a job commission… meaning there’s no incentive for them to up sell you into additional services. You get honest recommendations from without the sales pressure of a commission based plumber.
- Check out the online reviews. The internet has made it easy to quickly scan what others are saying about the plumbing company you’re tempted to work with.
At Bellows Plumbing, Heating & Air we have some of the highest rankings among other Bay Area plumbers. In fact we are one of the longest running Diamond Certified plumbing companies in Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, and Marin County.
- Make sure the company gives up front pricing. Often time’s low cost gimmicks are used by drain companies. You’ll see offers to clear you drain for $49. We all know the Bay Area is expensive which is why when you see this too good to be true price offers that’s exactly what they are; too good to be true. That $49 will quickly change as fine print fees, fuel surcharges, and overtime are added.
Bellows Plumbing, Heating, & Air uses a self-created upfront pricing model – so you see up-front, the exact amount that you’ll be paying, before any work is carried out. No overtime, no fuel charges, no emergency fees; the price you see is the price you’ll pay.
- Ask about licenses and insurance. Don’t take chances with unlicensed contractors. Ensure that the company has the proper C36 (plumbing) or C20 (HVAC) license. Also make sure they have the proper liability and workers compensation insurance. I frequently see contractors missing one of more of these licenses or insurance requirements. Bellows Plumbing, Heating, & Air is a fully licensed and insured as a business. We have an A+ rating as an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, we are a 9-time recipient of the Diamond Certified Approved Contractor Award, and we’ve been named best plumber in Santa Cruz five years in a row.
- Ask about the companies warranty or guarantee. Any reputable company will stand by their work, to a reasonable degree.
With drain clearing or sewer cleaning Bellows Plumbing, Heating, & Air promises to clear the blockage and or provide a recommendation for repair. If we attempt to clear your line but due to drain line failure are unsuccessful. We’ll provide you a written and clear bid to make the repair and allow you to credit the rooter cost to the repair or sewer replacement project. We also offer a 20 year warranty on any underground drain repairs.
Just a little searching around and prudence is all it takes to make an informed decision when choosing a drain and rooter company. Then again give Bellows Plumbing, Heating, & Air a call for your next drain or sewer problem. Our service techs in Santa Cruz, Morgan Hill, Santa Clara, San Jose, & San Rafael, and Marin are standing by for your call. There’s a reason we’re trusted as the Bay Area’s #1 plumber.