It has been a very dry few years here in the Bay Area, but this week we are finally getting some rain. The forecast is calling for a whole week’s worth, talk about a Christmas miracle! All this precipitation is causing the phones here at Bellows Plumbing, Heating, & Air to ring even more than usual.
Are you experiencing one of the following plumbing or heating maintenance issues? If so, please call us right away. We’d be happy to help you keep your home warm and dry!
- Help, there’s water flooding the basement! Is my storm drain clogged? When residential storm drains that haven’t been properly maintained are inundated with excess water, flooding can occur. Routine cleaning will keep the lines free of leaves and debris and functioning properly. If you haven’t had the time to do maintenance and now you’ve got flooding, it’s likely you’ll need to hydro jet the lines. Hydro jetting is a process in which your storm drains are scoured by 360 degree streams of high pressure water shooting backwards from a hose a 4,000 psi, strong enough to pull out debris in your storm drain lines. A good cleaning with high pressure streams of water will remove build up and debris, and help prevent flooding.
- There’s water dripping down my furnace or water heater exhaust pipe. Is my roof leaking? Furnace or water heater gas vent pipes that exit high up on your roof are usually long and slender. Wind loading can cause the vent stacks to flex and possibly crack the sealant around the storm collar. The storm collar acts likes an umbrella to prevent rain water from entering the metal-on-metal joint where the flashing cone meets the vent pipe. If it’s been windy lately it’s possible the vents are damaged in one of the following areas:
- The neck of the flashing cone where it meets the vent pipe. The storm collar is designed to protect this area.
- The rain cap if damaged or corroded.
- The vertical seam on the vent pipe or the flashing cone – only if corroded or compromised.
- At the junction between two vent pipes, especially if the pipe aren’t seated well or crooked.
Don’t let excess or dripping water ruin your day. Bellows Plumbing, Heating & Air is the San Francisco Bay Area plumbing, heating, and air conditioning contractor you can count on! Please give us a call today.
Knowing how to properly locate and resolve flooding or dripping issues is what separates Bellows from other plumbing and heating companies. In Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, and Marin Counties, Bellows Plumbing, Heating, & Air is the leader when it comes to speed of service, quality of install, and the ability to take on complex water repairs.
Our team is here to serve you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If you’d like to schedule a Winter tune up for your heating or plumbing systems please consider calling Bellows at 877-477-7151. Bellows Plumbing, Heating, & Air services, repairs, and installs plumbing, heating, and air conditioner equipment in: Santa Cruz, Aptos, Capitola, Scotts Valley, Felton, Watsonville, Ben Lomond, Boulder Creek, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Campbell, Saratoga, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Tiburon, Mill Valley, Corte Madera, Larkspur, San Anselmo, Ross, Fairfax, San Rafael, Marinwood, Terra Linda, and Novato.