COVID-19 Safe Work Practices
A Letter From Our CEO on How We’re Keeping Staff and Customers Safe
Updated May 10, 2020
Dear Bellows Customers,
During the COVID-19 pandemic and Shelter-In-Place, it is more important than ever that Bellows staff are following important steps to protect ourselves and our important customers. We are in receipt of the Bay Area’s Health Order dated April 29, 2020 and continue to monitor our employees’ health, as well as are working hard to provide sanitation and comfort for your home. Below are steps we continue to follow to ensure everyone’s health and safety, before we come to your home:
- All Bellows employees are not allowed to come to work if they are sick, feel they may be becoming sick, or anyone in their home is sick. There is no exception to this rule. Our managers and job supervisors are checking in daily with their teams to ensure compliance. We are also encouraging everyone to not touch their face with unwashed hands or with gloves.
- Bellows technicians and staff are not only constantly washing their hands and/or using hand sanitizer, but are disinfecting and wiping down all frequently touched objects and surfaces including their work stations, shared tools, and door knobs. All offices and work vehicles are well stocked with all proper disinfecting supplies.
- All four Bellows offices are closed to the public, including to delivery drivers. All deliveries are being received in the yard or warehouse, and proper 6’ distancing is being followed. All Bellows employees who enter our offices are required to properly wash or sanitize their hands immediately upon entering and leaving.
- Bellows employees will not make physical contact with our customers, including handshakes and even elbow bumps. If any paper forms have to be signed, we will first try to send an electronic version, but if that is not possible, we will ask customers to sign with their own writing devices and we will take a photo of the signed forms for our records. We will also practice 6’ social distancing with customers at all times in your home.
- All Bellows field personnel are being provided the following Personal Protection Equipment (PPE): masks, gloves, shoe booties, disinfecting supplies, and when needed or requested, Tyvek coveralls. We will always wear our PPE when entering your home and perform a full clean up and wipe down of the job site at the end of each day.
The aforementioned measures are necessary to keep all of us safe. I care very much about the wellbeing of my team and their families, as well as our customers’ families. By following these guidelines we can continue serving the public safely and effectively. If you feel that any Bellows employees aren’t following these guidelines, please contact us right away.
With so many of our customers and their families working and schooling from home, we have seen an increase in demand for repair services, as well as replacement estimate requests for heating, cooling, plumbing, and electric products. Whatever your need, Bellows is here to help. We promise to go above and beyond to safely serve you!
As always, thank you for your trust in our company. We continue to closely monitor the situation and adapt as necessary to ensure the safety of our customers, community and teams. In the meantime, if you need our services or want to speak to us directly, feel free to call, text or email anytime. Stay safe!
Phones: 831-477-7150 (Santa Cruz) / 408-866-4620 (Santa Clara) / 415-460-1264 (Marin & Sonoma)
CEO, Bellows Plumbing, Heating, & Air