Electrify San José Rebates
CASH REBATES UP TO $6,000 for San José residents to switch to an electric heat pump!
Electrify San José is a new program that provides rebates for San José households to switch from a natural gas water heater to an electric heat pump water heater. Current California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) and Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) customers are eligible for additional rebate amounts.
Electrify San José will help homes switch from fossil-fuel based energy sources to electricity, helping reach our Climate Smart San José goals for zero net carbon (ZNC) building and citywide greenhouse gas reduction to improve public health, environment and economy.
|Customer Type||Heat Pump Water Heater||Installation Labor||Electrical Panel Upgrade||Building Permit Fees||Maximum Total Rebate|
|Income-qualified resident (CARE/FERA)||Up to cost for qualified products||Up to cost||$6,000 with panel upgrade or $3,500 without panel upgrade|
|All Other Residents||Up to cost for qualified products||Up to cost||$4,500 with panel upgrade or $2,000 without panel upgrade|
*Only properties and heat pump water heaters that meet all the requirements below are eligible for a rebate.
- Property requirements:
- Property must have existing natural gas water heater – no new construction
- Replacement must be in a single-family or multifamily unit located in San José
- Heat pump water heater requirements:
- Minimum Uniform Energy Factor of 2.87 or greater
- Must have a thermostatic mixing valve
- Must have grid-connected capabilities
- Must be Energy Star® certified